Skrastiņš & Dzenis expertise and experience in Banking and Finance practice roots in our background as three of Skrastiņš & Dzenis partners previously were in-house lawyers in one of the largest commercial banks in Latvia. Our client list includes several banks and brokerage companies as well as consumer crediting financial institutions.
Our lawyers have been involved in incorporation of banks and have consulted foreign financial, credit and investment institutions willing to cooperate with Latvian banks and delivered opinions regarding compliance with law, prospects and possibilities of certain financial transactions in Latvia. Skrastiņš & Dzenis Banking and Finance team is well equipped to assist clients, financial institutions, while negotiating with banks on financing different projects as well as advice on financial and other types of collaterals and associated risks. Among our clients Skrastiņš & Dzenis Banking and Finance practice is well noted for its proficiency, particularly in restructuring and insolvency, financial services regulation, and real estate finance.
The following represents just a small part of our services:
- Assistance with incorporation of a credit institution in Latvia
- Advising on Licensing and Regulatory requirements
- Litigation and client representation in disputes with credit institutions
- Advising on various legislation aspects and requirements
- Representing clients’ interests in the Financial Capital Market Commission (credit institutions supervising authority) and administrative court
- Advising on myriad of issues related to AML, KYC and FinTech matters.